This is the first patchwork quilt I have tried, and I have to say it didn’t turn out too horrible. Most of it was probably just luck- that it turned out the right size and everything.
These are some of the “blocks.”
Here is the finished top piece:
I machine quilted along most of the straight lines, and added flower buttons in the six main intersections. I binded it first, pillowcase style, by turning it inside out and sewing the edges, then making a border…. here’s the finished product:
I just LOVE the green floral print flannel that I found for the back.
Megan is supposed to have her baby this week, probably. She’s already seen the top quilt, and loved it. I’m excited for her little cutie to have it! (And I’m excited to see and hold and kiss and love on her little cutie!)
I think I’ll definitely be trying more quilts… even more pink.