I want to learn to LOVE cooking. I want to learn to LOVE cleaning. I do LOVE my children, but I want to learn to LOVE them better. I want to learn to LOVE sewing and crafting. I want to learn to LOVE being a stay at home MOM!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine’s Rag Wreath

I decided it was time to take the Christmas wreath down. Only problem: I didn’t have anything to replace it. Unless I wanted to use the pumpkin… which I didn’t!

So, I made a Valentine’s rag wreath!

IMG_2723

It was rather easy. I took an old coat hanger, cut it, bent it like a heart and tied rags around it! My friend came over and we made one together while our kids fought played.

I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. And it was tons of fun making it with a friend, as opposed to by myself!

IMG_2725

IMG_2724

Also, the other day, the boys and I did some painting!

IMG_2699

They painted blocks of wood… while I painted this:

IMG_2698

It’s an old rack thing that I got at a yard sale, or from my mom, a while ago. It hangs in the boys’ room (they share a room now…) and they put their coats and jackets on it.

I was grappling for something to do, and figured adding some color would be a fun, quick project.

IMG_2702

And, of course, the boys’ art:

IMG_2703

IMG_2704

Christopher managed to cover every single inch of his block. Caleb, managed to cover his clothes and some of the table!

IMG_2700

IMG_2701

And, the finished product:

IMG_2708

IMG_2706

Next on my list of projects: sweater boots… from these:

IMG_2712

IMG_2717

No comments:

Post a Comment