I want to learn to LOVE cooking. I want to learn to LOVE cleaning. I do LOVE my children, but I want to learn to LOVE them better. I want to learn to LOVE sewing and crafting. I want to learn to LOVE being a stay at home MOM!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Maternity Jeans!!!

I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit me right now- for the next 7 weeks! So, I did a bit of googling and found this website:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Maternity-Jeans-Using-Regular-Jeans-an/

Why not try it out? I decided to use some jeans that have holes, that I won’t wear after baby is born anyway, because I never wore them before… I didn’t want to waste any of my good “non-pregnant” clothes.

IMG_2805

IMG_2806

I followed the instructions and came up with this:

IMG_2807

I think I cut the back too short, because it feels like they’re always falling down… but when I tried the pants on they were rather tight, and I wanted to make sure I could pull them up.

I’m rather pleased with the results!

IMG_2808

IMG_2813

IMG_2811

Do you like the cute goofy kid in the mirror? He wouldn’t move for the picture. Oh well…

Now I have 3 pairs of pants to last me 7 weeks… or maybe less… hopefully less. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting good use out of your Christmas Sewing room gift. And the old sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete