I want to learn to LOVE cooking. I want to learn to LOVE cleaning. I do LOVE my children, but I want to learn to LOVE them better. I want to learn to LOVE sewing and crafting. I want to learn to LOVE being a stay at home MOM!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fabric flower

I’ve seen lot’s of fabric flower tutorials. I have been wanting to try one, but I wanted it for myself. So many of them are aimed toward baby girls. That’s great- except I only have baby boys. :(

So, I decided to try this one!

First, I cut out my circles. (I didn’t have satin, or sating ribbon like one of the comments suggested, so I used the closest material to satin I could find in my stash.)

S6305968

Then, I started burning. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it might be, but it did work. (Also, I didn’t have a lighter, only matches! heehee)

S6305969

It took a few times of recutting and reburning to get the sizes/shapes I wanted. But in the end I was pleased with it. (I didn’t use all of my original circles.)

S6305970

Then, I added a super cute and sparkly button. By simply sewing through the pieces of fabric and through the button.

My final finishing touch was a bobby pin, slipped through the thread in the back.

S6305979

Now, I can wear it in my hair.

S6305971

Or on my necklace. (No, I don’t think I like this one.)

S6305974

Or on my shirt. (I just made it stay, I would use a safety pin, if I liked the way this looked.)

S6305976

Probably in my hair!

S6305973 S6305972

I’m happy with the way it turned out. (It doesn’t really match my pink shirt though, so I’ll have to go change… maybe plain black?)

No comments:

Post a Comment