I want to learn to LOVE cooking. I want to learn to LOVE cleaning. I do LOVE my children, but I want to learn to LOVE them better. I want to learn to LOVE sewing and crafting. I want to learn to LOVE being a stay at home MOM!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Play-dough HEART Valentines

My son loves to play with Play-dough. I was trying to think of something he could make for his friends and family for Valentine’s Day. He’s 2, so cutting and pasting is more like… me making it. So, I came up with this idea:

S6305803

It was really easy, and fun for both of us.

Step 1: Make the play-dough. My favorite recipe is Kool-Aid play-dough.

Bring to a boil: 2 c. water, 3 Tbs. Oil.

Mix together in another bowl- 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup salt, 2 pkgs, unsweetened Kool-aid. (oops, I just realized I only used 2 cups flour, oh well, it still worked.)

Add dry ingredients to boiling mixture. Reduce heat and stir in pot until ball forms.

S6305796

I like to knead the dough right after you mix it into ball form. Be careful, it’s hot. This stuff keeps great, in a ziploc bag, or in a tupperware. It’s also very easy to clean up.

Step 2: Play with the play-dough. Roll it out, using a rolling pin, or if you don’t have one (like me) use a cup, or your hands.

Cut out hearts using cookie cutters. S6305799

Step 3: Place the hearts into small zipper baggies.

Step 4: Print poem, glue onto construction paper and staple onto baggie. My poem here is in the form of a picture- you’re welcome to save it and use it- I don’t mind. (Or, make your own poem, I’m sure it will be darling!)

MY HEART poem

Ta-Da! Valentine’s for all of your friends and family. (I am trying to convince Brant to let me make these for his 3rd grade students. It shouldn’t be hard. I know they would love them!)

S6305804

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. I sure am learning to LOVE this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment